It was placed in the heart of a mentor sister friend of mine to open her home and create a safe space for the young adult women in my church to fellowship and share resources. The goal of this group is to empower each other as we grow in both our spiritual and personal lives.
We were tasked to come up with vision statements. Vision statements are used similar to a vision board but we wrote out our visions instead of using visuals.
The verse we referred to was Habakkuk 2:2-3. When we apply that verse to our own lives we see it as God wants us to write down our vision, goals, plans e.tc. and make it plain meaning easy to read understand or interpret. Many people who know some scriptures often only quote verse 2 but it is important that we don’t leave verse 3 out. It is a reminder that God promises that these things will come to pass; which is why it is important to be realistic about these visions we have for ourselves.
Below I have posted my vision statements. Some may feel that this would be too personal to post but for me it holds me accountable but as these visions begin to manifest you will all be able to see how God moved in my life and how I worked to have these visions come to pass.
Allow God to be the center of my life. Always have faith and remember that he orders my steps. Live a life that is pleasing to God and only great things will come from it.
- Do not compromise my beliefs, my feelings and satisfaction out of fear.
- Be a supportive, honest, loving, faithful and happy wife to the man God sees fit to be my husband.
- Be a supportive honest loving nurturing and happy mother to my children.
- Have a physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy family.
- Be present wherever I am. If I cannot be present, I will not be there.
- Grow in my God given gifts and ministry.
- Find my career path and take all the necessary steps to be successful in it and be successful in it.
- Copyright, publish and remain consistent with my blog that will not only be an outlet for me but a support to other who I do not know personally.
- Travel with my husband, children and parents without financial constraints.
- Be able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Be patient in all areas of my life.
- Become financially Stable and debt free. Have complete control and order over my finances.
- Be physically, mentally, spiritually healthy and fit.
- Do something impactful for an underserved community/ communities.
- Be A person of my word. Follow through with all promises.
- Open at least two successful businesses.
- Read at least 12 books a year.
- Always make time for myself.
- Be a true, loyal and honest friend.
- Be forgiving and do not harden my heart.
- Be Happy.